Caliope's Corner
January 20, 2019, 11:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Arcade Search Member Map Calendar Links Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 101789 times)
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »

repost from elsewhere, the newbie section, the "introduce yourself" thread

in fact by now the goblin didn't even know if his libido still worked, saying "...no doubt I'd probably start thinking about the appropriate lines and adjectives at the time, highly likely with all this writing now, transcendental lovemaking, subjective, looking on once more, as in "and how was it for you darling", replying "soft, firm, mechanical, overwhelming, intimate, passionate and somewhat messy too", admittedly not quite what she was expecting to hear then, but her fault for asking...", so, as far as the goblin's lovelife was concerned, all speculations, and those conjectures that go with them, had not been put to test for some while now, simply "bets off" seemed easier to live with here, that is while accepting that at his age, like any age for that matter, there were both hardships and compensations, "...welcome to your transcendental "double life" goblin..." went slot's voice in the background again, adding "...please post your "out of self" experiences here, you usually do, don't you goblin..."

fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »

"...actually I'm thinking that we seem to be spoiled for "disaster scenarios" these days..." started the goblin, continuing "...well, what with solar flares, global warming, planetary collisions and alien invasions, sounding slightly more conducive to thought than this global recession with bird flu..." as his hand swayed out its open empty palm as if giving something now "...no I blame the Internet then, isn't it just amazing the way it just acts like a Ouija board to ones fears each time...", definitely the goblin was not feeling normal today, though it had been a long time since he had been anything near sane that is, "...no, better sign off before what I write here just confirms everyones suspicions on the subject of my sanity..." voiced the goblin as he rushed off fearing sanity above all, "...done that been there, no thanks..." came his voice from the ever growing distance now

fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #452 on: September 21, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »

repost from elsewhere, on someones birthday

"...so here's to birthdays-past then..." quietly proposed the goblin trying to think which one had been his best, adding "...you know, looking back now, perhaps the best gift I ever received, for my birthday that is, was not what I was actually given at all, but more simply an unfading memory of someone who gave me something, where those late people are now in some long gone setting but ever so mine still, and perhaps yours too, whenever one thinks back on them now, so many happy returns means that it's a spell of association behind the gift then..."

wodring

Reputation 1

« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »

And, after all that verbal diarrhea, the true winner comes forth.

Night Traveller
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2016, 06:10:23 AM »

("...in the end time is the only winner here..." replied the goblin thinking it as winning the unwinnable, then adding "...but what one does in that time is one's own win I suppose...")

repost from elsewhere, why the goblin wants "out of afghanistan"

"...history goes against hope here, for doesn't afghanistan just fight itself whenever it isn't fighting its occupiers now..." mentioned the goblin looking over a rather extensive list to date, adding "...so if we don't leave in obama's term, then we'll fight iran in the next when the right wing gets voted in after him, where america, clearly as top dog here, can win any war it likes only to forget that it can ill afford to run any peace afterwards..."

lucubration
Full access

Reputation 4

« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2016, 02:30:57 AM »

I win.

Oṃ maṇipadme hūṃ
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2016, 07:14:43 AM »

"...give up humans..." replied the goblin encouragingly, adding "...after all when and is said and done now doesn't everyone know that there can only be one goblin remaining...")

repost from elsewhere, the "Rolling in it: the highest paid authors" thread

"...I will never be known nor make money out of this either, promise..." went the goblin now, adding "...just to become a known unknown at best then...", so the internet was vast, fast, and alive he felt and these were early days too, adding "...no I just want to be a livewriter on forumland here, where the truth is that, like you, I too haven't the slightest clue what that actually means, no, only that it's mine for the trying and I am going to try for it..."

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:29:56 AM by fleamailman » Logged
K@
Incomplete Idiot
Most Valued Member

Reputation 20

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

Je suis le champ!

fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »

("...pas de chance..." dit le goblin)

repost from elsewhere

"The media think that they're God. They make people believe in what they want them to believe. They're think they're more powerful then any holy man trying to spread his message to his fellows. For example the campaign adds they show. You don't know what to believe but they want you to believe everything."

"...don't I love this thread then..." went the goblin again thinking upon something now then explaining "...when some economic system fails, it usually sinks into period of terror where not only are resources confiscated but also knowledge is either suppressed or discarded, where slowly those places with enough self-sufficiency and willpower gain their actual independence, true, but even there too, knowledge will be at a premium, for look at the fall of the western roman empire followed by the dark ages then, and just how quickly and how primitive it became without knowledge, so much so that a few generations later they were unable to build a three story building even, where all that lost knowledge, on law, medicine, architecture, warfare, and the like, took a thousand years between ad 4th to the 15th century, to return via italy from the muslim world in what we now call the renaissance...", simply if knowledge is power then its suppression, extinction, or simple replacement by something less powerful becomes a clear goal in itself, something that "the powers that be" can ill afford to overlook then, concluding "...today, for example, ourdearmedia is all either news without views or views without news resulting in either "one's not fully knowing about events" or in "one's not fully understanding them", where simply the only thing one clearly understands from what they do cover in the news, is that there's probably something else that they are covering up by it..."

wodring

Reputation 1

« Reply #459 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:53 PM »

Whoops! pardon me .... I broke winned....

Night Traveller
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »

("...this thread is ever mine, you can post but I always post back..." smiled the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

"...ah now, I do both, I wing a reply in brackets first and then polish it into something better later..." replied the goblin knowing that something worth reading twice was worth writing twice, adding "...truth is that forums are slowly becoming somewhere to read the posters now, that's why I know too that if my persona becomes known across forumland, then my readership, something that doubles up as my feeding pool then, will grow with it, and yet I'm well aware that each new reader is not some docile bookreader like before, no they're active posters in their own right now, turning this into some modern day correspondence as it were, where books are for their lack of this interaction more like watching films, intense films or otherwise, where posting was more like standing on a stage with an audience just there then...", and then the goblin laughed, continuing "...alright, it's more like punch and judy for adults perhpas, but still "live" so to speak, and so much more fun too..."

wodring

Reputation 1

« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

and then the goblin laughed, continuing "...alright, it's more like punch and judy for adults perhpas, but still "live" so to speak, and so much more fun too..."

If thou art playing Punch, goblin,  beware where the puppeteer might have his hand.

Night Traveller
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #462 on: September 09, 2016, 06:18:10 AM »

("...no man is an island where ours is to witness then..." ventured the goblin observing that eastwest build up still, that puppetering therein, then admitting to himself that he never thought that he would live in a age where russia china iran and now iran too would be so resolved as not to be the puppets of the western franchise as to drop their differences standing together so to speak, adding "...if history is anything to go by currency war leads to trade war leads to proxy war , though between outsourcing production while offshoring profits and plunging the country into an insurmountable debt too the multinationals together with the banks have gutted america leaving it a political fanfare so indebted that it can't even raise interest rates by 25basis point, or a quarter of one present in other words, no the west stands down at this point, the west cannot supply europe with fuel because there is no infrastructure to do so, whereas the east only has to be friendly...")

repost from elsewhere, on unrequited love

"...and how one just flays one's back with one's own past each time..." went the goblin relating to that post there, where all those things one couldn't ask her then, and those truths one couldn't utter too are now left unsaid because the relationship is far in the past though all but forgotten not, adding "...ah yes, at times I could hate love itself for showing me as who I was back then..."

wodring

Reputation 1

« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

That all seems a bit glum.  How about a little drinky to cheer ourselves up ?

Night Traveller
fleamailman

Reputation 0

« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »

"...yes, have to admit wodring that I'm not to happy about things at this point..." confided the goblin not one to drink that drink there but accepting the gesture, before adding "...so guess it's  pneumonia of the right knee if hillery says so, I mean if the empress says she is wearing clothes then who am I to say that I can't see them, but then again if it was parkison's, then it's "all eyes on her running mate" as he or she will then become the next president...", where suddenly des o'conner's voice shouts out to the audience around the goblin "...so there you have it folks, is the voter going to take the money or open the box now..."

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Save hedghogs from Strimmers
Total Twaddle